Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/storage/content/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/:/storage/configuration/wrappers/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/:/tmp/) in /storage/content/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1623 Walking with God through the fight of our life…inflammatory breast cancer – Final - Bernard Ritchey Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/storage/content/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/:/storage/configuration/wrappers/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/:/tmp/) in /storage/content/86/1009386/bernardritchey.com/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1623

It has taken me a while to write this update, this will be the final update on my wife’s battle because she went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ on December 19, 2015.
I had no idea how hard it would be to write this, it’s been a little over 6 weeks and I thought that I could do this but the pain is coming back like it just happened…

December was busy, we had a lot of Angil’s family in town but they were only all going to be together on the 5th so we celebrated Christmas together on that day so that we could do it as a family. It was a beautiful day and she was in good spirits. The picture on this post is of her with her mom Sandra, her sister Melanie and her brothers Joe and Scott.

The next week we talked to the doctors and the palliative care doctor about changing her drugs so she wasn’t so out of it most of the time. They took her off of the short acting morphine and added another pain medication that did not cause her to be so drugged up and it worked great. She was getting back to being her old self, we were having great conversations and her memory was getting back to being really good. It seemed like things were looking up.

On December 11, she asked the doctor for an antibiotic because the skin mets were starting to discharge a yellowish fluid and she started on the antibiotics the next day.
The week of the 14th she was doing great, her appetite was up, she was up more and the conversations with me and her mom were great, I couldn’t have been happier. The girls from her Bible study group came over and celebrated Christmas with her on the 16th and she was full of energy and had so much fun with them, this is a picture of them that night, she looked great!


The next day I had a meeting at church, when I got home, she seemed kind of out of it, like she was on the short acting morphine again. I asked her if she was feeling ok and she said that she thought she had taken the wrong pills, so I got her comfortable and told her to rest. She woke up late evening and still seemed kind of confused so I helped her to the bathroom and then back to bed. She woke up again around 11:30PM and couldn’t walk and was having a hard time communicating…I called 911, hindsight 20/20, I should have called a lot sooner.

The paramedics said that her eyes were not dilated and they didn’t think it was drug related. Once they got her in to the ambulance they tested her blood and determined she was in septic shock….the infection was through her whole body and in her blood…after fighting in the hospital very hard for 2 days, her body started to shut down and with her family and friends gathered around her bedside we said goodbye.
Angil Tarach-Ritchey was the most amazing person I had ever met, she was my everything, my world and my happily ever after. A piece of me will forever be missing until we are together again in eternity…I LOVE YOU MOST!

We have to keep fighting to beat this horrible disease, this shouldn’t have to be the story of anyone else!

No longer to be continued…